Ineltec is a Swiss trade fair that has been supporting the electrical engineering and building automation industry for 50 years. In recent years, building automation has become a key technology when it comes to building, modernizing, comfortably, safely and energetically.
This year on 12.-15.9.2017 at the exhibition in Basel, Switzerland, SMSEagle devices were presented for the first time at the fair in the booth of our Swiss Sales Partner Alltron.
For the presentation during the show Alltron has prepared a special box containing:
- SMSEagle NXS-9700
- Two DINrail power supplies. One for 12V to run the SMSEagle, 1 for 5V to have the right voltage for the DI
- Two optocoupler relays to use the DO 5V to switch 230V outputs
- A double-Pushbutton to switch on 5V tension on the DI
- Power Outlets, Swiss Typ J (T13) to attach two lamps. They are connected to the relays so we can switch them by sending an SMS
- DIN-Rail to mount all the devices
That allowed to present the following features at the exhibiton:
- Pushing one of the Buttons -> Send an SMS to a cellphone: “Alert, Button 1 pushed”, “Alert, Button 2 pushed”. So we were able to show that an sensor can be connected to the device and that it can send an emergency notification for example if temperature is to high/low in the server room.
- Sending an SMS with “DO1 ON”, “DO1 OFF”, “DO2 ON”, “DO2 OFF” allowed us to switch two 230V lamps over the relays. Furthermore the SMS is converted to an email and sent to gmail account that was connected to the email client on a laptop. So we have the opportunity to see who (which number) switch the lamps without connecting to the SMSEagle
- Email to SMS is configured to send an email to a cell phone
- Email to SMS poller is also configured with gmail.com account. Checked all 5sec for new e-mails
- SMS to Email is configured. All Incoming SMS were forwared to gmail account
- Network monitoring is configured with sample NETIO device. When the network connection failed for 30 sec, an emergency SMS was sent.
This is just a few of possible usage scenarios that SMSEagle devices could support. It allowed to present the device versatility and ability to work well in different application fields.
Patryk Patej is the Marketing and Sales Manager at SMSEagle. He has over 10 years’ experience as a communications professional specializing in business development, marketing and customer engagement. Patryk attended the Keiser University-Sarasota, in Florida, USA for Business and Computer Graphics.