Checkmk – SMS integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Checkmk with SMSEagle for SMS alerts and notifications. It’s very simple and fully native.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore, no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
- Download MKP extension (Checkmk extension package) from https://exchange.checkmk.com/p/smseagle-1
- Install MKP to Checkmk (see details https://checkmk.com/cms_mkps.html)
- Configurate notification rule as usual under „WATO – Notification“. (put SMSEagle IP/hostname and username/password information in prepared form)
- Enjoy SMSEagle gateway with Checkmk!
Please note: HTTPS protocol is used to communicate between CheckMK and SMSEagle device. It means that you either: must have a SSL certificate installed on your SMSEagle device or add self-signed certificate from your SMSEagle to CheckMK server.