Sauter moduWeb Unity SMS alerts & notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Sauter moduWeb Unity with SMSEagle for SMS alerts and notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
This integration will use Email To SMS plugin (see details: Email To SMS plugin). This plugin is included in each version of SMSEagle device.
1. Enable Email2SMS plugin in SMSEagle web-gui
Sauter moduWeb Unity Setup
1. First you need to have your SMTP server configured and running.
2. Configure SMTP server settings in Sauter moduWeb Unity ( System -> Network Settings -> Email service settings) as described at screenshot:
- Outgoing e-mail server: is the IP address of your SMTP server
- SMTP port: is your SMTP server’s port (usually 25 or 587)
- Sender email address: is your desired sender email
3. (Optional) – use SMSEagle as SMTP server
- You can put the SMSEagle IP as SMTP server if you don’t have your own running in your LAN and use it for sending emails
4. Configure E-mail recipients (System -> Users and roles -> User Management -> User data). Settings as at picture below:
- 123456789 is your cellphone number
- 192.168.1.100 is your SMSEagle’s IP address
5. Test if its working by going to (System -> Users and roles -> User Management -> User data) and clicking on ‘Send test email’. You should see results in:
- a) Check sentitems / SMTP server logs if it received an email from your Sauter moduWeb Unity
- b) At SMSEagle web-gui in menu Settings > Sysinfo > System log you should see that SMSEagle device has received the email from the moduWeb Unity.
6. Integration has been completed. That’s so easy!