Observium SMS alerts – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Observium with SMSEagle for SMS alerts and notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Observium uses HTTP API requests (see details: API). All you have to do at SMSEagle is to create a new user for API access at the webGUI and setup API token for it.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users, user access level: “User”).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
The configuration related to SMS Gateway settings is done from the Contacts menu.
Add new contact and select Webhook JSON as transport type. In the description field you can type e.g SMSEagle and in the URL field paste our API request:
where SMSEagle_IP is your gateway’s IP address.
In the JSON passed to Webhook field please paste code:
"message": "%ALERT_STATE%, %ALERT_EMOJI%, %ALERT_EMOJI_NAME%, %ALERT_STATUS%, %ALERT_SEVERITY%, #%ALERT_COLOR%, %ALERT_URL%, %ALERT_UNIXTIME%, %ALERT_TIMESTAMP%, %ALERT_TIMESTAMP_RFC2822%, %ALERT_TIMESTAMP_RFC3339%, %ALERT_ID%, %ALERT_MESSAGE%, %CONDITIONS%, %METRICS%, %DURATION%, %ENTITY_URL%, %ENTITY_LINK%, %ENTITY_NAME%, %ENTITY_ID%, %ENTITY_TYPE%, %ENTITY_DESCRIPTION%, %DEVICE_HOSTNAME%, %DEVICE_SYSNAME%, %DEVICE_DESCRIPTION%, %DEVICE_ID%, %DEVICE_URL%, %DEVICE_LINK%, %DEVICE_HARDWARE%, %DEVICE_OS%, %DEVICE_TYPE%, %DEVICE_LOCATION%, %DEVICE_UPTIME%, %DEVICE_REBOOTED%, %TITLE%"
your-created-token with the API token for SMSEagle user you just created
123456789 with phone number which you want to send SMS texts to.
You can also use
contactname/groupname from SMSEagle’s Phonebook.
- Above code uses all Observium available placeholders, feel free to remove unnecessary ones.
- Remember to associate Alert Checkers to newly created Contacts