Micro Focus NetIQ Advanced Authentication SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle for Micro Focus NetIQ Advanced Authentication SMS notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Setup is easy and should take 10-15min.
Create a new user in SMSEagle with API methods enabled.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users, user access level: “User”).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
Micro Focus NAAF Setup
1. In the NAAF web interface, open Policies -> SMS Service Provider Settings
2. In the SMS Sender section
- Select: Sender service: Generic
- Set Service URL to:
(where url-of-smseagle is actual SMSEagle IP address)
- Set HTTP request method: GET
3. In the HTTP request body add following parameters:
|Parameter name||Parameter value|
|access_token||your API token for SMSEagle|
3. Save your settings