Graylog SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to send Graylog SMS notifications and alerts using SMSEagle Hardware SMS Gateway.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Setup is easy and should take 5min to complete. See also a short integration tutorial available in Graylog community portal.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users, user access level: “User”).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
Download the plugin and place the
.jar file in your Graylog plugin directory. The default plugin directory is the
plugins/ folder relative from your
graylog-server directory and can be configured in your
graylog-server and you are done.
a) Go to menu Alerts > Notifications
b) Create new Notification
- enter notification Title
- select Notification Type: Legacy Alarm Callbacks
- select Choose Legacy Notification: Legacy SMSEagle AlarmCallback
- enter parameter URL of SMSEagle: URL to your SMSEagle device (for example: https://mysmsdevice.example.com or http://10.10.0.105)
- enter Access Token: SMSEagle API access token created in point above
- enter Recipient Phone Number: recipient telephone number (or numbers separated with comma)
- alternatively, you may enter Group Name: group name defined in SMSEagle Phonebook (remember to set the group as Public in SMSEagle)
- Press button Create to save the configuration
To test the notification just use the button Execute Test Notification in the configuration window.