Zenoss SMS alerts – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle for Zenoss SMS alerts.
Create a new user for this script in SMSEagle.
1. Download latest version of the script zenoss_smseagle.py from our repository: https://bitbucket.org/proximus/smseagle-zenoss
2. Edit following lines in the script:
SMSEAGLE_USER = "john" SMSEAGLE_PASSWORD = "doe" SMSEAGLE_IP = "192.168.0.101"
Save the script to the location: [ZENDIR]/bin/zenoss_smseagle.py (where [ZENDIR] is your Zenoss directory). Ensure that it’s executable (chmod 755 zenoss_smseagle.py).
3. Add a cell phone number to the “Pager” field of each Zenoss user account.
4. Go to Advanced->Settings and modify the “Page Command” to:
6. If testing is successful (a SMS message is received at the cell phone) create alerts in Zenoss and specify “page” as the action for an alert.