Niagara 4 SMS alerts and notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to send SMS alerts from Tridium Niagara 4 using SMSEagle Hardware SMS Gateway.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore, no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Setup is easy and should take 10-15 min to complete.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle.
- Grant API access to the created user.
- Enable API Access token. Generate new token.
Niagara 4 Setup
To enable SMS alerts via SMSEagle Hardware SMS Gateway you need a SMSEagle driver for Niagara. The driver’s main purpose is to serve as a gateway to send SMS via SMS Eagle for Tridium Supervisor 4 or JACE8000 stations (and OEM variations i.e. Centra Line, Trend, …).
1. Driver Installation
- download the zip archive with driver files.
- extract the zip archive and copy all included *.jar files to your Niagara modules directory, which is typically C:\Niagara\Niagara-4.x.xx.xx\modules.For correct behavior it is necessary to install *.jar files on the client platform (Workbench PC) and on the target platform (JACE8000 or Supervisor).
- close the Niagara Workbench after inserting all the modules in the folder. Next time you start the Niagara Workbench the driver will be loaded in Niagara Workbench and immediately available for use.
2. Driver Configuration
a) connect your JACE 8000 or PC with Tridium Supervisor 4 to the network
b) add new SmsEagleNetwork to your Drivers node
c) add new SmsEagleDevice to the network
d) configure newly added device
Filll in the following properties of SmsEagleDevice
- Enabled: set to True
- Ip Address: fill in IP address or domain name of your SMSEagle device
- Port: 80 (for HTTP connection) or 443 (for HTTPS connection)
- Api Key: API key created in SMSEagle webGUI
Note: if you want to use HTTPS connection between Niagara and SMSEagle you must have SSL certificate correctly configured on SMSEagle device.
3. Properties of SMSEagleDevice
Every device has following properties:
- To: recipient phone number (or multiple numbers separated with comma)
- Group: (optional) group name defined in SMSEagle Phonebook. If you define the group in SMSEagle phonebook (it must be set as public), you may send SMS to the group of recipients
- Priority: (optional) priority of SMS – value between 0-9 (9 is the highest priority)
- Text: text of SMS message
Every device has defined the following actions:
- Send: send SMS to recipient defined in To parameter
- Send Group: send SMS to the group defined in Group parameter