Callback URL plugin
Callback URL plugin allows you to forward incoming SMS message to a defined URL address. If the plugin is enabled, on each incoming SMS message SMSEagle will trigger HTTP(S) request to a defined URL. HTTP(S) request can be of type GET or POST.
Plugin “Callback URL” allows to add unlimited number of rules. Each rule can be enabled or disabled by user.
Screenshot from Callback URL settings
For each new rule user has to fill in the requested fields:
- ‘URL’ field defines remote address of your callback script
- ‘Test URL’ button allows to test whether your Callback URL configuration is correct. SMSEagle will make a callback request with test parameters and will verify the response of remote server
- ‘URL method’ allows to choose whether callback to your URL is done with HTTP(S) GET or POST method
- “Send request when” defines if the request is always sent, sent only when SMS sender belongs to a given Phonebook contact/group and/or when incoming message contains a given character string
- Optionally you can define “API key of your service” value. This will be passed to your callback URL in parameter ‘apikey’. If you leave the field blank, ‘apikey’ parameter will not be passed to your callback URL
- User may also choose whether to enable support of self-signed SSL certificate
After sending HTTP(S) GET/POST request to your callback URL, SMSEagle will be expecting HTTP response: 200 [OK]. If other or no response is received from your callback URL, SMSEagle will keep retrying every X minutes (user defined) for 24 hours.
For more details about this function, please check the User’s Manual on our Downloads page.