Cisco Identity Service Engine SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Cisco ISE with SMSEagle for SMS notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Setup is easy and should take 10-15min.
Cisco ISE uses HTTP API requests (see details: API). All you have to do at SMSEagle is to create new user for API access in the web-GUI.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Check “Enable user/password authentication (APIv1 only)“
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
Cisco ISE Setup
All configuration related to SMS Gateway settings messages is done from the System -> Settings -> SMS Gateway page.
SMS Gateway Provider page will be displayed.
- SMS HTTP API
and in the URL field paste our API request:
where SMSEagle_IP is gateway’s IP address and login and pass are username and password for SMSEagle user you just created.
Some important notes:
- The username and password to the SMSEagle must be included in this link (unfortunately, clear text is used).
- The mobile number is taken automatically from the Phone number field during the guest creation exercise from the Sponsor portal.
- The message field is filled automatically from this location: Sponsor portal > Portal Page Customization > Notify Guests > SMS notification > Message text.