APC UPS SMS alerts – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup APC UPS with SMSEagle for SMS alerts and notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
This integration will use Email To SMS plugin (see details: Email To SMS plugin). This requires that your UPS device is equipped with Ethernet card (NIC network interface card) that allows connectivity within LAN. If this is not available you might consider using Dry Contact I/O together with DI/DO feature of SMSEagle.
1. Enable Email2SMS plugin in SMSEagle web-gui
APC UPS Setup
1. First you need to have your SMTP server configured and running.
2. Configure SMTP server settings in APC ( Configuration > Notification > E-mail > Server) as described at screenshot:
- SMTP Server is the IP address of your SMTP server
- From Address is your desired sender email
3. (Optional) – use SMSEagle as SMTP server
- You can put the SMSEagle IP as SMTP server if you don’t have your own running in your LAN and use it for sending emails
4. Configure E-mail recipients (Configuration > Notification > E-mail > Recipients). Settings as at picture below:
- 123456789 is your cellphone number
- 192.168.1.100 is your SMSEagle’s IP address
5. Test if its working by going to (Configuration > Notification > E-mail > Test) and:
- a) Check sentitems / SMTP server logs if it received an email from your APC UPS
- b) At SMSEagle web-gui in menu Settings > Sysinfo > System log you should see that SMSEagle device has received the email from APC UPS.
6. Integration has been completed. That’s so easy!