LibreNMS SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle for LibreNMS SMS notifications.
See also an integration tutorial available in official LibreNMS documentation.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Create a new user in SMSEagle. Grant API access to the created user.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users, user access level: “User”).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
I. Setup new Alert Transport method
1. In the LibreNMS web interface, open Alerts > Alert Transports
2. Click on Create alert transport button
- Set Transport name to your name e.g SMS
- Set Transport type to: Smseagle
Fill the fields below:
- SMSEagle Base URL: with http(s)://SMSEagle_IP
- user: with username you created in Step: SMSEagle Setup.
- password: with password you created in Step: SMSEagle Setup.
- mobiles: numbers which you would like to receive SMS alerts, can be new line or comma separated
Save Transport settings
In the list of all transports, click on the Test transport button next to your new SMS notification to initiate a test SMS.
You should receive an SMS text message on the number you just entered.
III. Add SMS Notification to Alert Rules
1. In the LibreNMS web interface, open Alerts > Alert Rules
2.Edit existing rules or create a new one
- Select previously created SMS transport from dropdown menu
- Save rule settings
You should now receive SMS notifications according to your rules setup.