Paessler PRTG SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle for Paessler PRTG sms notifications.
See also a detailed integration tutorial made by Paessler Team available in: Paessler Knowledgebase
Create a new user in SMSEagle.
I. Setup Notification Delivery settings
1. In the PRTG web interface, open Setup > System Administration > Notification Delivery Settings
2. In the SMS Delivery section
- Set Configuration Mode to: Enter a custom URL for a provider not listed
- Set Custom URL to:
In the string above replace:
- url-of-smseagle with IP Address of your SMSEagle device
- username with username you created in Step: SMSEagle Setup.
- password with password you created in Step: SMSEagle Setup.
3. Save your settings
II. Setup SMS Notification and Test it
1. In the PRTG web interface, open Setup > Account Settings > Notifications
2. Click on the Add new notification button
- In the Send SMS/Pager Message section, enter the Recipient Number.
The number should be in internal format, without leading + sign, for example: 44555123456 for a DE mobile number (if your mobile operator requires + sign in a telephone number put 00 instead).
- You can leave the default Message
- Save your settings
In the list of all notifications, click on the Test button next to your new SMS notification to initiate a test SMS.
You should receive an SMS text message on the number you just entered.
Note: Test messages still contain unresolved variable names.