Check Point SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle for Check Point SMS notifications.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Setup is easy and should take 10-15 min to complete.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
- In order to configure SMSEagle with Checkpoint DynamicID, please go to GW configuration -> Mobile Access -> Authentication
- Under DynamicID Settings click on „Edit”
- In newly opened window „SMS Provider and Email Settings” paste SMSEagle API URL:
where SMSEagle_IP is SMSEagle’s IP address, and XYZAIP is access_token created for your user in SMSEagle webUI
- Important information:
Remember to use a SSL certificate issued by a recognizable CA. LetsEncrypt is treated as unsafe CA on CheckPoint.
If you use SMSEagle inside the network and it is not possible to issue a certificate, we suggest to put SMSEagle in an isolated network and use the HTTP protocol instead of HTTPS.