AVTECH Room Alert SMS notifications & alarms – integration manual
Here we describe how to use SMSEagle Hardware SMS Gateway with AVTECH Room Alert for sending SMS notifications & alarms. Setup is easy and should take 5-10min to complete.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
This integration will use Email To SMS plugin (see details: Email To SMS plugin). This plugin is included in each version of SMSEagle device.
- Enable Email To SMS plugin in SMSEagle Web-GUI
AVTECH Room Alert Setup
- Navigate to Settings → Email to open the Email Settings screen.
- Check Email Enabled.
- You may check Use Short Message to send a shorter email with a reduced character count.
- In Mail Server:
• In Domain Name/IP, enter the domain name or IP address of your mail server.
• In Secure Connection, select the checkbox if your mail server requires SSL or TLS encryption.
• In Port, enter your mail server’s SMTP port. The default is 25, a commonly-used port.
• In Timeout, you may leave the default, 30 seconds, or enter another interval.
If you don’t have SMTP server configured, you may use SMSEagle as SMTP server (see notes below). In such case use the following configuration:a. In „Return Address” set value: noreply@localhost
b. In „Domain Name/IP” set value: IP address of your SMSEagle device
c. In „Secure Connection” uncheck the box
d. In „Port” set value: 25
- In Return Address, enter an email address that resides on your mail server. This is the address alert messages will come from.
- In Email Recipients, enter the email and Email-to-SMS addresses that you’d like to send alerts to. You can separate each address with a comma. (Do not enter spaces after the commas.)
• Email-to-SMS address: PHONE_NUMBER@IP_ADDRESS_OF_SMSEAGLE
PHONE_NUMBER is a destination phone number
IP_ADDRESS_OF_SMSEAGLE is the IP address of your device. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAME_IN_PHONEBOOK is a username or group name (must be a public group) from SMSEagle’s phonebook
IP_ADDRESS_OF_SMSEAGLE is the IP address of your device.
For example: email@example.com
- Authentication (Optional)
If your mail server requires SMTP authentication, check Enable Authentication.
In Username, enter a valid username for your mail server that will facilitate authentication.
In Password, first select the Change button to enable the field. Then enter a valid password for your mail server that will facilitate authentication.
- Select Save Settings at the top or bottom of the page. Your Room Alert will automatically reboot and commit your changes.
When your Room Alert reboots, return to the Email Settings screen and select Send Test Email to send a test email to the addresses you entered in Email Recipients.
SMSEagle as SMTP Server (optional)
As described in point 4 above, for sending e-mail messages you can use SMTP server installed on the SMSEagle device. In this scenario your email from AVTECH Room Alert will be directly sent to SMSEagle (without using any external email servers). SMTP server on the SMSEagle device will accept messages addressed for it only. The other messages will be rejected.