Aruba ClearPass SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Aruba ClearPass with SMSEagle gateway for SMS messaging.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Aruba ClearPass uses HTTP API requests (see details: API).
All you have to do at SMSEagle is to create new user for API access at Web-GUI.
- Create a new user in SMSEagle (menu Users > + Add Users).
- Grant API access to the created user:
- click Access to API beside the newly created user
- Enable APIv1
- Generate new token (copy it for later use)
- Add access permissions in section APIv1 Permission for: send_sms, send_tocontact, send_togroup
- Save settings
All configuration related to SMS Gateway settings messages is done from the Home-> Configuration -> SMS Services -> Gateways page.
SMS Gateway Configuration page will be displayed.
In SMS Gateway field select Custom HTTP Handler:
and in the Service URL field paste our API request:
where SMSEagle_IP is gateway’s IP address. Below in fields use:
- Service Method select GET
- Authentication Method select HTTP Basic Authentication
- Service Username: put your username for SMSEagle user you just created
- Service Password and Confirm Password: put your password for SMSEagle user you just created
Once the SMS gateway configuration is complete you can click on the Send SMS option under the gateway, enter a valid phone number and verify that the SMS is received.