Opsview SMS notifications – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup Opsview with SMSEagle for SMS notifications. It should take you about 5 min to have it up and running.
Following manual is based on Opsview manual – Adding / Writing Your Own Notification Method
Create a new user for this script in SMSEagle. This user will be referenced below as: SMSEAGLEUSER and SMSEAGLEPASSWORD
1. Download latest version of the script notify_opsview_smseagle.sh from our repository: https://bitbucket.org/proximus/smseagle-opsview
Place the script in your Opsview plugins directory (by default: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/notifications). Make sure it is executable and owned by nagios user.
2. Edit script content:
### SMSEagle SETUP - please remember to change that settings
Replace SMSEAGLEIP, SMSEAGLEUSER, SMSEAGLEPASSWORD in script with your values.
3. Create the SMS notification method:
– Go to Settings -> Notification methods -> Add new
- Name: add name for new method
- Make it active
- Command: put notify_opsview_smseagle.sh
- User variables: Here you have to pass a variable with destination number, fe. PAGER, OPSVIEW_CONTACTPAGER or NAGIOS_CONTACTPAGER
- Submit changes.
- Each User will have to select this Notification Method to one of their Notification Profiles.
- Test Cause a failure to test that the notification is sent. After a few seconds, you should receive an SMS.
- Reload Opsview to make the changes live.